Friday 6 March 2009

Porzellan

The other day I was listening to music while I was doing some computer stuff at work, and a song caught my attention. The song was a German one named �Porzellan,� by Farin Urlaub. Urlaub is the singer of the sorta-punk, sorta-rock group �Die �rzte,� and Die �rzte as well as Urlaub as a solo artist are both definitely worth a listen, in my opinion.

In any case, �Porzellan� is about being content with what you have, and realizing that your happiness largely depends on your own personal outlook towards life. I know that�s a really basic, first-grade type of message, but I suppose that we all get caught up in a grass-is-greener slump now and then, when we should really just look around and appreciate what we DO have, instead of what we don�t.

In any case, I typed out the first part of the song. I�m pretty sure the lyrics are correct, but I may have misheard something.

Oh, and I�m not going to translate them, either. It�s payback for all those damn times I�ve read books with untranslated passages in French or Latin, the authors� assumption seemingly being that if you�re educated, then you simply must understand those two languages. Well I say screw that. German�s good enough to be baffling and frustrating, too.

So, check out the lyrics:

INTRO TO �PORZELLAN� � FARIN URLAUB

(Album: Am Ende Der Sonne)

das Gl�ck ist immer da
wo do nicht bist
du willst immer das,
was du nicht kriegst
und du beklagst dich
�es ist nicht fair!�

Sch�n ist nur das
was du verpasst
du brauchst irgendwas
was du nicht hast
du bist nie zufrieden
du willst immer mehr

Chorus:
du w�rst gern wie sie
du w�rst gern wie er
du w�rst gern jemand anders
Hauptsache, irgendwer
Gl�ck gibt es �berall
vielleicht auch hier
es liegt an dir

No comments:

Post a Comment