Monday 19 April 2010

Pictures of the Day, April 15-19, 2010

I was busy last few days while taking quite a few pictures, so let's get down to business!

April 15th: For most of this day I painted the Formerly Crappy Casita. Almost done with the primer. The problem is that as I keep moving along the house, I keep finding small things that need to be repaired or changed, so it's a slow, slow, slow process. But it'll look nice in the end.

As a side note, I'm very happy with this particular paintbrush. I found it somewhere in the Crappy Casita, and it looked about cashed. But I've used it to prime the whole Crappy Casita, and it's still going strong.

April 16th: This picture is Part of a mural at the school in San Jose where I helped administer some interviews today. This school was really interesting, and chock-full of murals. It was also sandwiched between the buildings of downtown San Jose and the Sabana park. Check out the other pictures from that day if you're interested.

I was debating between this picture and the previous squirrel picture for the Picture of the Day for April 15th. The squirrel won out in the end--the squirrel ALWAYS wins out in the end, dammit!--but I still wanted to include this one. It's of a stall door in the men's room with "Guetto Respect" written on it.

April 17th: My coworker/friend/Saturday Arch-Nemesis Monica's feet. She seems to wear interesting shoes to work, but she doesn't like the idea of taking pictures of them. I think she didn't believe me that I was doing a Picture of the Day project. Plus, I told her the straps for her shoes looked like whipped cream (that's a compliment where I come from!), so she was even more skeptical. Here she's walking away.

April 18th: This was a busy day, and I'm posting three pictures that I really liked and wished I could make Picture of the Day. This picture is of my father-in-law Honorio, who had his birthday on April 18. We went with Angela's siblings to wish him a happy birthday in the morning.

This was also taken on the 18th; it's some flowers at my in-laws' house. Really pretty, but I still feel weird making flowers my Picture of the Day. There are many people who do it better.

Finally, on the 18th we also visited our Belgian friends Sofie and Thyss, who we'd not seen in quite some time. It was great to see them again, especially since they had a new addition to their family, little baby Andres! I like this picture a lot, but since I'd not asked permission to use it as Picture of the Day, I thought it was best not to. But thanks again to them for a lovely day, and hopefully we'll meet up again soon!

April 19th: My evening class, with their ideas to help improve the world. It's very nice group, and one of my favorites, actually.
Plus, the guys with the trash can look so earnest and sincere, it'd be impossible not to like this group!

So, that's it for now. Be sure to check out the leftovers for some other great pictures. Have a good day, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment