Saturday 8 November 2008

Oh, Deutschland...


For today's picture, I chose this one that I took of the "New" Town Hall in Hannover, Germany. I mainly chose it because I like it, but also because it makes me think of Germany. A few years ago, as I was getting my Master's Degree in German, I would have never imagined that I'd end up living in Central America.
But here I am. Don't get me wrong; I'm happy to be here, and I'm elated to be married to Angela. At the same time, though, I notice that I'm forgetting German slowly but surely, and probably a month or so ago, the total time I'd spent in Germany was eclipsed by the total time I've spent here in Costa Rica.
I guess it just goes to show you that no matter how much you try to plan your future, the future may have other plans for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment