Sunday 2 August 2009

The Virginia Rounding Long Beach Bar

I have not posted in a while . I was away for part of the month, and then had no computer access when I returned. The good news is that I visited quite a few places, and accumulated lots of new material. One area I have not paid much attention to on this blog is the east end of Long Island. I was fortunate this July however, to spend an entire week under brilliant skies, bouncing between the North and South Forks, as well as Shelter Island.
Sailing into Orient Harbor, I spotted the Schooner Virginia leaving anchorage and sailing south around Long Beach Bar Lighthouse. Just days earlier, I had seen her docked in New London for the annual Sailfest weekend. Sometimes when you are sailing, the world becomes very small.
Soundbounder: Schooner Virginia

No comments:

Post a Comment