Sunday 12 December 2010

Summertime

The weather here is starting to get really nice most days:



The only problem with that is that we'll be going to Colorado in a few days, and I know it's going to be cold as balls there!

Oh well.

As an aside, I hope that this video works in the U.S. It's the video for "Summertime," the song by D.J. Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince. I remember I bought their cassette Homebase at a Wal-Mart in Missouri in 1991 or so. I had gone to Missouri with my best friend Jared to visit his grandparents. I was 11 years old, and it was the first time I'd been to Missouri (and Wal-Mart, for that matter). So this song brings back memories of that trip:

-First time in Missouri
-First "rap" cassette
-First time at Wal-Mart
-First meal at the Olive Garden (in Columbia, MO)
-First time I bought hockey cards
-First time I got verbally assaulted by a small-town teenage hick (although it certainly wouldn't be the last!)

Only some of these memories can be classified as "good." I'll let you sort out which ones. Until then, enjoy some barbecue, and drive around in your car at 2 miles per hour (so everyone can see you).

No comments:

Post a Comment