Saturday 15 January 2011

Weekly Picture Project: Week 2 (Backlighting)

Hot on the heels of Week 1 of my on-the-side photography project, we already have Week 2! As you can see in the title of this post, the topic was "Backlighting." The picture above is an ultra-zoomed scene very similar to my third picture. So, here are my official pictures for this week's project:

1: My sister-in-law Teresa working in her kitchen. She and her husband Ramon invited Angela and I over for lunch once we got back to Costa Rica. It was delicious!

2: The crucifix at the church in Berlin. We attended a special mass that is held nine days after a funeral. In this case, Ramon's father, Jose Maria, had died nine days previously, after having been sick for quite some time. I had only met him once, but he was a very nice man.

3: After the mass, Jose Maria's family invited people to his house to eat some food. There, I saw this amazing sunset (the same one as the first picture). It seemed to be a fitting tribute.

So, that's it for this week's picture project. Stay tuned for next week's pictures, as well as for your regularly-scheduled Pictures of the Day. Thanks for reading and looking, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment