Monday 12 May 2008

Going...Going....

Almost gone! 'Twas a very ho-hum day for the ice. It was white most of the day, which is totally the wrong color for this time of year. We didn't have much sunshine or warm temps, so I didn't have much hope for seeing open water on this day. Right around dinnertime, the sky changed again, and it began to snow. Each time this has happened lately, I take a deep sigh, and tell myself that yes, I do have enough patience to make it through this snowfall, because it certainly must be the last one.

Then, about seven-thirty, Greg glanced out the window and said, "Holy Cow!"

We looked out to see what he was exclaiming over, and saw lots of open water, about halfway across the lake. This photo was taken as a close-up of the north half of the lake.

And here is a shot of our bay:

I'm thinking that tomorrow morning we will be putting the docks in---Hooray!

P.S. It's still snowing, but it isn't sticking.

No comments:

Post a Comment