Friday 9 May 2008

How Have You Imagin A Man

In our museum in Salerno I've seen an other interesting thing when I read books about history of art.
Statue of Hermes Kriophoros that is in the Boston Museum of Fine Arts. This statue was made in 520-510 BC. I wanted to find it in Internet and here it is. I found it in this site.

The photo is made not from the side I wanted to show you, but I could not find other. Look at the sheep in the hand of Hermes. It is so interesting! Why? Look at it's relaxed position. It seems to be a cat, not a rem.
Are you agree with me?

So, I loved this God, the god of flocks and herds. Soooo much I loved him, that I wanted to show to you, how much he loves animals...

But when I opened the page I found other pictures that represent the same god.
And I thought, it's an interesting mode to see the most important parts of the person. Look at these statues.

By the way. (I saw now the central person on the picture on the bottom here.)
There is a National Archeological Museum in Naples. And there is a "Hidden Gabinett" there. It is a place where there are all most incredble sorts of representations of this theme there. The kings collected them and had them hidden that women could not see them.
If you'll visit Naples, don't forget about it, you will discover manythings, you could never imagin in your life. I Bet.

To see the big pictures visit the site where I found them.

No comments:

Post a Comment