Wednesday 2 December 2009

Picture of the Day, December 2, 2009

Here's today's Picture of the Day. I took it at our office in Palmares. Obviously, it's part of the Christmas decorations there. It's beginning to be that season, isn't it? Christmas brings mixed feelings for me. On the one hand, I hate, absolutely hate most Christmas music, especially anything that tries to be hip or rock-ish. On that note, it's great to be in Costa Rica, since the stores generally don't play Christmas music (if anything, it's just intrusive salsa or merengue music all year long).

On the other hand, I do like Christmas lights, since they generally make ugly stuff look nicer. However, since they don't have Thanksgiving to act as a buffer here, people start putting up Christmas decorations before Halloween (which is another holiday they don't celebrate). Plus, they leave those decorations up longer after the New Year. I guess that's OK and all, but when the Christmas Season lasts as long as the Green (ie, Rainy) Season, then maybe it's just not as special.

Or maybe it's more special that way. I don't know. Who am I, Burl Ives?

No comments:

Post a Comment